Before ordering please ask to confirm availability
10 Frames Polystyrene Hive + frames
A beehive is made of Styrodur® (called a hard polystyrene foam), a rebate and a joint – from the pinewood. The elements of the beehive are painted yellow and blue – these are the only colours differentiated by bees and ease these insects to orientate.
A beehive consists of:
- bottom board
- brood box x2
- inner cover
- 1/2 brood box
The thickness of the beehive walls is 3 cm. It corresponds to the insulation which would be created by a desk of the deciduous tree with a thickness of about 20 cm.
Height - 95 cm
43,5x43,5 cm (along the contour of the body)
43,5x47 (along the contour of the bottom)
Internal dimensions: 37,5x37,5cm
Wall thickness - 30mm
Weight: 7.6 kg (without frames)
Styrodur® does not warp, contort, rot, absorb water. Thanks to insulating features is a perfect material for a bee accommodation. In summer, it releases them from excessive work in order to ventilate a beehive, and as the frosts comes ensures optimal conditions for the winter nesting. It was practically proven in many bee yards.
A beehive is carefully made and finished:
- elements are glued and reinforced with rust-resisting bolt screws
- painted with the weather resistant paint (two coats)
- rounded edges enhancing aesthetics and protecting form the occasional damages of the corners
- an outer cover is equipped with 3 plastics rings and 3 “spider” sieves to catching propolis; it enables to fatten bees without opening an beehive what greatly facilitates and speeds up handling the bee yard.
- a high roof is equipped in 4 ventilation openings protected with a ventilation grille against bees; its height allows to using a bucket feeder box with a capacity of 1.8 L without using distance rings or half bodies.
You will not be disappointed. I can assure you that finding a similar equipment of matching quality will be a challenge.